Wednesday, September 22, 2010

William is born

Our baby boy, William Michael, was born yesterday, Tuesday, September 21, 2010. We've been through baby births a few times, and I tell you, it is special every time. William was born at 1:53 pm weighing 7 pounds, 8 oz and measuring 19 inches long. Mommy was cool, calm and collected through the process. She is amazing...probably in a lot more pain and discomfort than she lets on. We really struggled settling on this little guy's name(s). Lots of ideas, but in the end we knew he was William Michael. Both 'William' and 'Michael' are family names. His sisters have already started to refer to him as "Will".

William seems to be a very 'relaxed' baby, although it is only day one. I also got to witness the circumcision today, which was a new experience for me. It is a really simple procedure. It was kinda sad to see him in pain, but it really wasn't as bad as I imagined.

The girls are really excited to have a baby brother. They all want to hold him and see his little hands, feet, etc. Yup, this guy is going to be spoiled by his older sisters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome baby. Thank Goodness he looks like Melissa(-: (but with those "claws", I think we gotz a baller)...Congrat zon the starting five. Will will be the center, right ?

I figure "MoMo" for point guard.

We love you guys and hope to see you some day very soon.
-
David & Belinda Elton(Spokane, WA)

Scott and Traci said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby and so handsome :). Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Congratulations you guys!!
The Eddingtons

Jen and Ryan Murphy said...

Congrats! He's adorable and is certainly going to be spoiled by his sisters! I love your name choice and can't wait to see him! Love and hugs to all!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little guy! I bet the girls just love him to pieces!
I wish we lived closer, cuz I'd love to take newborn pictures. Hope to see you guys at Christmas time.
Love you guys,
Barlow and Lannie

Becky J. said...

Congrats you guys! Our first little boy is coming in a month and a half, and you'll never guess his name: William! We've known that's what we'd use for a boy since we got married. How fun that we'll both have Wills about the same age. I hope that all is well with the baby and you, Melissa, and that you'll be able to enjoy this little guy. Congrats again!

Shannon said...

Congrats!!! he is just perfect! I'm so happy that a little guy could join your wonderful family! He will be very loved!!!
Shannon

Holly said...

HOOORRAYYY! for boys! I'm so glad to hear that you finally had the sweet boy! William! I just told James that it was a good thing we decided agains William for our boy cause then you, me, and Becky Jensen would have little boys named Will all born within weeks of each other. I guess it would be kind of neat being part of the BHDA and all. (: Congrats you two!