Thursday, September 16, 2010

July 31 2010 – Timothy Lake triathlon (sort-of)


Since I’ve grown to love the addicting sport of triathlon, it’s been a bummer that my schedule has conflicted with pretty much any relatively local race I could compete in this summer. So, what was my solution? Why not put together a casual version with friends? So that’s what we did. 7 of us guys gathered at Timothy Lake to have some fun. Most were just there for the bike ride, but 3 of us swam a half-mile or so first in the lake, then rode the 19-mile mtn bike trail around the lake. It was beautiful for sure, and tough too. I’m impressed at a few of these guys who haven’t been riding at all. Their rear ends must have been sore after! I also went for a short run at the end, just to feel like I did all three events. The main gig? BBQ, baby! We had a feast at the end. Wives & kids were waiting/swimming/playing while we rode around the lake, so we had a hungry crew at the end. We grilled up some awesome hamburgers, etc right there next to the lake. It was a fun day. Needless to say, we slept well that night…and early morning church the next morning was a bit brutal.

No comments: