Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9/12/2009: Scooby dooby…Pop!

So, Moriah tells me today, very matter-of-factly, with no smile on her face: “Dad, if Brookie keeps watching Scooby Doo, her head is going to pop.” Emery simply chimed in with her agreement that Brookes head will soon “pop”.

Background: Brooke loves watching episodes of Scooby doo. I, too, loved Scooby doo as a kid. My sister Jo used to call me “Scoob”..in fact I think she still does once in a while. So, I kind of get Brooke’s obsession. But man, she is INTO it. When the kids get to enjoy some TV time, we have to watch our words how we present the opportunity. Brooke will dominate the choosing and insist they only watch Scooby Doo videos. So we have to break it up and only allow her to choose in turn. Well, at least her head hasn’t popped yet. But maybe one of these days we’ll peel a mask off her face and find out she’s really old farmer Jane from down the street or something.

No comments: