Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7/24/2009: Scout camp

Spent a few days at scout camp with the boys. Yup, it included lots of surprises that can only be supplied by the creative minds early-teen boys. Quoting episodes of “The Office” seemed to be the rage, especially using the line “Boom, roasted.” whenever possible. One boy even caught a fish and decided to bite the head off of it with his teeth. You just never know.

I hadn’t been to Camp Baldwin since I was a scout myself in the early 1990’s, so it was nice to hang out there again for a few days. A cool new activity they have there is called “Mountain Boarding”. It is like a cross between snowboard and mountain bike. Basically a snowboard with big wheels. I tried my hand at it. While scary the first time down the run, I hit the jump and landed it without crashing (but came close to hitting the fence before stopping).

No comments: