Thursday, October 1, 2009

9/26/2009: Alpine Slide: “This is soooo awesome!!”

We took the kids to the Alpine Slide (www.skibowl.com) on Saturday. As the kids get a little older, I realize this is a really fun spot to enjoy with the family. Emery wanted to wait in the car with g’ma and a sleeping Clara, so Moriah and Brooke hopped on the ski lift with Melissa and I, on our way to ride the slide down the hill. Riding the ski lift alone is a blast with a 7 year old. She was so amazed that we could sit on a chair in the sky like that. We got into the toboggans together (Moriah in my lap and Brooke in mommy’s lap) to cruise down the hill…

Then, a moment I won't forget. As we started down the track and gained a fair amount of speed, Moriah spontaneously yelled “This is SOOOO AWESOMMME!!!” It was pure glee, making it so much more fun for me, too. Something about that moment will stick with me for years to come. Of course, I put the pedal to the medal and we cooked down the hill at light speed…just for the awesomeness of it all.

No comments: