Thursday, December 6, 2007

Vancouver BC

I visited Vancouver, British Columbia this past weekend. I hadn't been in Vancouver BC in over a decade and was reminded what a cool place it is. I hope to visit there more often.

We were there for the memorial service of my father's uncle, a beloved family member. Some time ago, his son asked him what he would like on his tombstone. His reply: “How ‘bout this:
‘See, I told you I was sick!’”
He also decided to have the last word himself, so he recorded an audio tape to be played at his funeral. His son said he was worried his dad would poke fun at the situation and say something like “You all may believe I died of natural causes. I did not. And the murderer is probably in this room!” (That's not what he actually said on the tape).
What a fun-loving family. They are great and so much fun to hang out with. It was a wonderful opportunity to get together to honor a loved family member and celebrate life at the same time.
I uploaded a short video clip of his 5 sons performing a tribute song they wrote for their father's memorial here: http://www.youtube.com/v/g50XJLvXtCY

1 comment:

Holly or James said...

First off, I think it's sweet that you blog. Second, I love this song and would love something like that sung at my funeral.
-james