Wednesday, December 12, 2007

BLAZERS: Jazz and Jack

PORTLAND BEATS UTAH IN SALT LAKE CITY. Finally. Got that 6-game SLC-losing-streak monkey off our back. Have I told you my reasons for disliking the Jazz so much? Suffice to say, I have legitimate reasons and the Blazers/Jazz matchup is now my favorite rivalry...even if it is just in my own head. Last night they did it without injured LaMarcus Aldridge. So what did it? Defense, defense, defense. The zone worked...and they worked the zone. Now if they could perform like this consistently. But I'm liking the 4-game winning streak right now.

My favorite part of the win? Jarrett Jack's dunk, baby! I didn't know he had it in him. But I did some digging, and the picture you see here is actually from Jarrett's high school days - seen here playing at the 2002 Capital Classic. Apparently the guy has had some hops for years now and he's been holding out on us. What else you got, Jarrett?

No comments: