Thursday, December 27, 2007

Blazers are streaking

Wow. We’re now 11 wins into this unlikely win streak. I predict it continues at least until 13 before Monday’s New Year’s Eve game at Utah gives the team fits. They certainly can win, but if this thing ends before the next game I attend (Jan 5th v. Utah – which would be win #17 if the streak continues), that’s the game to be most concerned about. Anything can happen in this league, but man, this streak sure has been fun. I was at last Friday night’s game against Denver and man was the Rose Garden a giant party that night. I was there with family members (blazermania runs in the blood) who made the trip from the Seattle area to hit the game. Who wouldn't for Seriog bobblehead night? (that's what we're all holding in the pic above).

Here's a little video I shot - 21 seconds of Rose Garden bliss: http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6VyRQindD0

I have one image from that memorable game that I just can’t get out of my head.

Blazers are up one, a few seconds left in the game and Carmello Anthony has the ball – bullying and backing down Brandon Roy. I was thinking about Mello’s size advantage against Roy and all I could think was “uh, oh – mismatch…mismatch!” Mello turns around and puts up his best shot attempt.



Roy is right there with him and blocks the game winning shot. Crowd goes wild! Man, what a moment that was. What a moment.

No comments: