Monday, August 31, 2009

5/9/2009: Jo’s wedding

Melissa and I were able to get away for the weekend for my sister Jo’s wedding in Texas. It was a whirlwind trip for us. Mel’s parents were kind enough to come stay at our place and watch the kids for a few days while we took off (bless their hearts). It was a beautiful in a wedding facility located in a newly developed “village”. The setting was very nice. I was able to offer the opening prayer in the ceremony and Melissa sang a beautiful song for the group. I really enjoyed the ceremony. Boy oh boy, if Brad (her new husband) only knew what he was getting into with our family!! (kidding) After the formal ceremony, we had a great dinner and danced the night away in the dance hall. This was one of the rare times when my siblings and I have danced together. It is A LOT of fun to dance as a family. My sisters can shake it! The low point was probably when I performed my rendition of “The Humpty Dance”. Leave it to me to be totally inappropriate. But I think I was forgiven. It was a blast. Afterward, the bride and groom would spend the next day (Mother’s Day) with the family, then head off on a long honeymoon, I believe to Bermuda. Nice. Melissa and I caught the earlybird flight back to Portland and were able to have Mother’s Day lunch at home with the kids just before heading to church. It was a quick trip, but really was fun. Congratulations Brad and Jo!

No comments: