Wednesday, November 12, 2008

October 29, 2008 - Bandon Dunes

I went on a business trip to southern Oregon and had the opportunity to play Bandon Dunes golf course, one of the world’s top rated golf courses. I finally got to experience it! It’s a beach course truly for fighting the elements. It is usually extremely beautiful and known for its windy conditions, but this was not my experience. The problem we had was F-O-G. The fog was so thick, we couldn’t see much of the beauty around us, and while we stood at most tee boxes, all I could see was a thick gray blanket just in front of us, no fairway, no pin, etc. So we had to trust the caddies, telling us which way the fairway/pin was. Then in an act of pure faith, I would proceed to pound my drive into the thick gray fog…hoping we could find it. Bummer that we missed out on much of the natural beauty of the course (massive oceanfront views, etc). On the bright side, I was glad the wind wasn’t much of a factor. All-in-all, it was a great experience and I hope to return again someday.

No comments: