Wednesday, November 12, 2008

October 11th, 2008: Annie Warbucks


On Saturday, October 11th, we got to see something very special. My younger sister Iris was in the play: "Annie Warbucks" - about the little orphan Annie. The show took place at the Kirkland Performance Center in Kirkland, WA. Melissa and I went to the show with two of our daughters, Moriah and Brooke as well as my older sister Abbie's family. Iris played the Tennessee mother in whose home Annie ends up when she runs away. Iris' character teaches Annie what love is all about and helps return Annie to her family. She had a solo singing part and all… as well as a constant recurring funny line telling her child to "Please, stop playin' wich'yer feet!" There was also a part I didn’t expect: she affectionately kisses her husband good night. After the play I went to that actor (who was at least 25 yrs older that my sister) and said: Hey man, that's the first time a dude's kissed my sister in front of me. You better watch out." We got a chuckle out of that.

It was really cool to see Iris perform and we were really impressed with how well she did. She plans to continue pursuing roles and opportunities. Good for you, Iris. It takes a lot of talent -and guts- to get up there and do that. And you performed very well, even with somewhat minimal practice. Rock on.

1 comment:

iRIS said...

Awww thanks big Bro! It meant so much to me that your family could come and check out the show! You guys rock!