Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5/11/2010 - Gender ultrasound

Baby’s gender ultrasound was today. With 4 older sisters, we’re gonna have a…BOY! Yup, we saw his business all up in there. We’re excited about the little fella on the way. We had all the girls with us at the ultrasound event and they were all happy talking about their little brother growing inside mommy. They’ve really wanted to have a brother. That’s why this caught me a bit off guard, too: I had the 3 oldest in the car with me and said; “Are you guys excited to have a little brother?!” They said yes, but Moriah had a scowl on her face. I asked what’s wrong and she says: “Your gonna love him more than all of us girls.” Woah…didn’t expect that one right away. I explained that I’ve been excited when we found out each of our little ones on the way. Girls are special to me, and especially because Heavenly Father has sent His special daughters to our home. Very special. I think she gets it, but she’s thinking, man. Always thinking. So, we’ll have to be sensitive about the excitement level. And it’s true: I’ve been psyched about all our girls. The boy news just means it’s a slightly different kind of journey for us.

So, they all have different opinions about boy names. Here’s how it shakes down:
Emery: Charles William
Moriah: Dylan
Brooke: Jeffery

Mommy and daddy have their own name ideas, too. I haven’t even revealed mine to anyone yet. Thought it would jinx the process, so I’ll probably hold out a bit longer. We thought this day wouldn’t come. Wow.

3 comments:

iRIS said...

Oh WOW!!! I am so excited for your family!!! You all get to have a brand new experience! Maybe instead of the whole "It's a BOY," celebration... try "The girls get to have a BROTHER!" I had a very strong feeling about it...

Photography by Belle said...

That is so awesome Aaron. I am so happy for you guys.

Burt Family said...

Yahoo!! We are so excited that you are having another baby!!! And a boy at that!! Poor Moriah! She will probably love him the most in the end! Maybe you can let her give one of the names and she will feel ownership! LOL!!! Congratulations!!