Sunday, May 9, 2010

4/11/2010 - Vancouver BC trip

The Vancouver BC temple is opening soon, so that gave our family a chance for our kids to see the inside of a temple before they are old enough to participate in ordinances. So, we packed the kids in the van and made the 6 hour trip north. We stayed with family in Vancouver. I had forgotten what a beautiful city Vancouver is. It's a really cool place. We enjoyed an evening/morning with them (so gracious to host distant relatives) in their beautiful home with a gorgeous view overlooking the bay from west Vancouver. It's a stunning view to wake up to. Wow. It turned out that he was also a temple open house tour guide. We got to see the grounds and tour the interior. What a great experience, particularly for our kids. I was tending to 2-yr old Clara, who happened to be acting up (tired) while we were inside, so I hung behind and tried to keep her quiet. An interesting moment, while we entered the celestial room, she was still having a hard time being still, so I distracted her by telling her to look up. While in that beautiful place, she was able to be still only while looking up. Now I also realize the gorgeous, sparkly chandelier had a lot o do with it, but it made me think nonetheless. This was a great experience that I believe our family will never forget.

No comments: