Friday, May 16, 2008

Seattle trip - Feb 16-18, 2008

On a bit of a whim, we spent a weekend in Seattle in February. I wanted to see the U23D movie, but I had missed it while our iMax theater had it, so Seattle Center was still an option. It was fun. Our whole crew went to Seattle and stayed in a hotel near the space needle…we rarely stay in hotels, so it was a treat. Two of my sisters live there as well and my brother from Spokane happened to be in town - they were going to the movie, so I decided I’d crash the party...it was great, ended up being a big group at the show. If you’re a U2 fan, I recommend the experience. I went to the Vertigo concert twice while they were touring (Seattle and Portland shows) in 2005. The movie was a similar experience, but I was hoping people would be more into singing, etc at the movie, but that wasn’t the case. Lots of people staring at the screen, taking it in, which was fine, but I believe my sisters and I were in the minority, getting into the songs and singing. We toned it down for sure so we weren’t bothering others too much, but had fun nonetheless. It was fun trip. We were also able to catch my Nephew’s basketball game and they showed us guitar hero. Pretty cool.

No comments: