Monday, November 12, 2007

BLAZERS: Home Boys

I attended the first two home games of the season this last week at the Rose Garden. Apparently there is truly no place like home for this team right now.

The Trail Blazers were off to a disappointing start with 3 straight road losses, but have followed that up with an impressive 3-win streak this week. The team beat New Orleans, Memphis and Dallas. They seem to really play well with the home crowd behind them. That could mean a number of things. Man, I have to say – seeing games in person is an absolute blast. I’ve been very impressed with the upgraded fan experience this year. The wins certainly make a huge difference as well. Overall, there is energy in that building I haven’t felt recently. Another big thing for me is watching my daughters become Blazer fans. Emery was with me for the Memphis game Friday night and she really watched the game closely. She is watching who is ahead and jumping up and down at appropriate times. I’m really excited for her development as a fan. Her little sisters are coming right along as well. I’m impressed with how much they are absorbing about the game.

Key to the game lately: Steve Blake’s insertion into the starting line-up. 27 assists and only 2 turnovers in the last three games. The guy is just cool. He knows how to distribute the ball and when.

Props to the Blazers/Rose Garden brainstorming marketers: The Lexus Club Level wristbands are pure genius. Let me stuff my face during the game with anything I want with no financial punishment whatsoever. Genius. Friday night was the one time in my life I’ll likely experience that, so I had to throw that in there. I presume it’s the handy work of Global Spectrum, as the Club Level and other new promotions have surfaced since the 2004 bankruptcy of Oregon Arena Corp. GS has really done a great job running the show at the Garden.

No comments: