Sunday, October 28, 2007

DUCKS: USC goes down

Oregon: 24, USC 17. Well, my prediction of 34-27 got it a decade off, but just about right. Oregon won by a touchdown. Oregon earned this win to the core. More impressively, yours truly got the crucial gameline right, but let's allow the coaches to sum it all up:

Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti: "This was a defensive victory, Coach (Nick) Aliotti put together a tremendous game plan, and the kids executed it. I am very pleased with our secondary."

USC coach Pete Carroll: "Defensively they were a lot better than I anticipated."
In my opinion, one enigmatic play said it all - close to the end of the first half. With a yard to go for a first down at the Oregon 42 and about two minutes left in the half, USC punted. Afraid they can't make a yard on this cupcake Oregon defense?
As for me, it's rough always being right.

1 comment:

SledgeBlogger said...

BlazerABE,

Thanks for listening to the Nate and Bradley Show. You're one of the loyal few thus far. I like your blogspot, though I'm still disappointed with that USC loss at Autzen. It is the Year of the Duck I think, ever since that Michigan game (not to mention losing to Cal due to the worst rule in football). They deserve some BCS love after Nebraska got the biggest gift in the history of sports in 01-02 before getting creamed by the Hurricanes. Keep the constructive criticism coming. Thanks again.
--Nate.