Sunday, September 30, 2007

BLAZERS: D-Miles on the return?

Interesting story on Darius Miles by the Oregonian's Joe Freeman today. Do we believe he can come back from potential career-ending knee surgery? Do we want him to? Tough call. Here's what he said: "I've got three more years left on my contract and it motivates me. Before those three years are up, I want to make the playoffs. I've never made the playoffs a day in my life in the NBA. That's something I want to do and I'm going to give the time and effort to do it."
There are a lot of haters out there for sure. I stand squarely in the middle. I believe if Miles shows the maturity and drive to come back, maybe he truly is a changed man. If he does so to the point that McMillan is willing to give him some PT, I'm down with it. Worth shaking up this roster to bring him back? No way. I believe the Miles ship has sailed P-Town. He's soft spoken and I really do believe he's misunderstood. If he comes back, I wish him well. But his knees are extremely questionable. Will he play this season? Probably 'some' - but I presume we won't see any meaningful contributions from Miles in the coming years. If we do, I believe it's just to build some possible trade value.

No comments: