Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

The new year is upon us. We had some friends over for a new year’s eve celebration. Fun had by all. On new year’s day we watched the rose parade and I got all geeked up for the Rose Bowl. The ducks started out flat, with the Buckeyes scoring the first 10 points. But Oregon surged back, tying the score at 10 in the 3rd quarter. I had hope…but then it was dashed to pieces in the latter part of the game. Ohio State simply executed well. It is also being reported that their athletes are just plain bigger than Oregon athletes. I noticed this when the Buckeyes walked out on the field. They just looked big compared to our team. In the end: Buckeyes 26, Ducks 17. I was disappointed, but it only took a few hours for me to flush it out of the system and look forward to next year. It was a great year. I think the young team learned a lot from this experience. It’s tough to make it to this game. I want to see them get there again soon.

No comments: