Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12/22/2009 – Przybilla out? No, seriously?

We made the long trip to Utah for Christmas, so I had limited access to check out the Las Vegas bowl featuring BYU vs. Oregon State. My father-in-law went with me to a sports grill to check out the game, which ended up being unentertaining because BYU totally dominated the Beavs. So, while watching the bowl game, I was intently watching the ESPN ticker at the bottom of the screen. As it scrolled through NBA scores, I was getting excited to see that the Blazers were hanging in there – at Dallas – and eventually saw that they won the game. I was stoked. As my father-in-law and I drove home, I explained to him all of the injuries plaguing (cursing, really) the team right now. So I was excited that, based on the score periodically flashing on the bottom of the screen, that the team probably played a good game. I was honestly most excited that they were likely “injury free” that night. Then, the next morning I check online and find out Joel is out for the season. Seriously!?! Better update this chart:

No comments: