Tuesday, December 29, 2009

12/25/2009 – Christmas in the Wasatch mountains

We had an amazing Christmas experience in the Utah mountains this year. Melissa’s brother has recently built a cabin there (just outside of Heber, UT). The family gathering there was really fun. The cabin can only be accessed with 4WD or snow chains. It felt like a perfect winter Christmas location. So cool. A few of us enjoyed a day of skiing/boarding at “The Canyons” in Park City (reminded me how bad I am). One bro-in-law and I tackled a tough black diamond run. I am not ashamed to admit I had a few moments thinking “What am I doing here? I can’t do this!” Pure terror. But we muscled through it. Good stuff, man. Of course, Christmas morning was fun with the kids. All the cousins were so pumped to check out what Santa had brought them. On Christmas day I also tried my hand at snowmobiling. First time in my life. We even got to check out a bit of the “back country” in the national forest area. Man, throttling that thing and getting up over 50 MPH is a rush!

No comments: