Thursday, December 25, 2008

SNOW!

The picture here is me in my driveway. Dug me a snow cave in a pile of snow. The Portland metro area is experiencing historic amounts of snow this December. Typically, we get an inch or two and it melts within a couple days. Not this time. We got a few inches two weeks ago and it's been piling up since then. Culminating in a beautifil white Christmas. Well, technically, it was really sloppy snow by Christmas eve, but still a massive amount of snow for us. There was easily more then 15 inches of snow on my grass for more than a week. It also combined with freezing rain a couple of days in there and it made for some tough transportation scenarios (roads, commutes, and especially people stuck at the airport for DAYS at a time). But, from my perspective, it's been great to enjoy some snow...especially at Christmas time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: