Friday, August 24, 2007

Melissa's BYU Graduation


"...learn wisdom in thy youth.” – King Benjamin (Alma 37:35)

We traveled to Utah last weekend to attend graduation ceremonies and celebrate Melissa earning her Bachelor’s degree from BYU. Her parents even made the trip from Washington to attend as well. I am so proud of her. Not only is she beautiful, kind, caring, smart and sophisticated…she has the BYU degree to back it up. She left college shortly after we married due tp pregnancy and so I could pursue my career in the Northwest. She subsequently (and amazingly) supported me while I worked full-time and struggled through a grueling 2-yr MBA program as well. I am so glad she decided to go back to school and finish her degree. Education is one of the few things we get to take with us out of this life. Not only that, but I believe it’s vital in a family setting. A great thing about the timing of her graduation this year is that our kids got to attend mommy’s graduation. How many children get to experience that? What a great example she is. Melissa has worked so hard to do this. Many long nights and meeting at the library after work while daddy takes the kids. Hard work pays off.

“...they had been taught by their mothers.” (Alma 56:47)

Congratulations, Melissa! We love you.















No comments: